Owner Builder Warranty Insurance NSW >>>
Owner Builder Warranty Insurance NSW
Owner Builder Home Warranty Insurance is available in NSW when an Owner Builder sells their home.
Residential Owner Builders Home Warranty Insurance protects the home purchaser and subsequent home purchaser from prescribed defective workmanship in the event that the owner builder dies, disappears or becomes insolvent during the Home Warranty period.
What’s included in the Policy:
- Owner Builder Warranty covers the purchaser, or any subsequent purchaser, of the property for the balance
of the 6 year period after the final or occupancy certificate was issued if the owner builder dies, disappears or becomes insolvent, however defects, incomplete works or second hand materials noted in the Defects Inspection Report are exempt.
Why Choose BuildSafe?
Before we can issue you with a policy we require the following:
- Identification e.g drivers licence
- Inspection/defects report – from an approved inspector with P.I insurance
- Completed and signed proposal form
- Development Approval or Building Permit
- Copy of the Certificate of Occupancy or Final Notice of Completion
- Payment: Money Order, Bank Cheque or Credit Card Details
Please ask about our Turnaround time options available to you:
- Standard Turnaround– 24 hours
- Express Service– 4 hours
- Super Express Service – 1 hour (subject to satisfactory receipt of Application and supporting documents)
Let BuildSafe Insurance Brokers arrange Home Warranty, while you stay focussed on selling your home for the very best price!
Got a Question about Owner Builder Home Warranty Insurance? We’ve got the Answer!
- A warranty that the work will be performed in a proper and workmanlike manner and in accordance with the plans and specifications set out in the contract.
- A warranty that all materials supplied by the holder or person will be good and suitable for the purpose for which they are used and that, unless otherwise stated in the contract, those materials will be new.
- A warranty that the work will be done in accordance with, and will comply with,the building regulations.
- A warranty that, if the work consists of the construction of a dwelling, the making of alterations or additions to a dwelling or the repairing or renovation, the work will result, to the extent of the work conducted, in a dwelling that is reasonably fit for occupation as a dwelling.
- Owner builders require a defects inspection report prior to the sale of their home on which owner builder works have taken place.
- The report must be from a qualified expert such as a building consultant/inspector, building surveyor, architect or engineer who must have a valid professional indemnity policy in place at the time of signing the report and who authorises the report being made available to third parties.
- All defects, incomplete works, inaccessible areas and second hand materials should be described covering the dwelling/s as well as outbuilding, pergolas, landscaping, pool etc.
FIND OUT MORE!
Got a Question?
Have any Owner Builder questions ASK US and we will answer, no strings attached!Ask Us!
Keep up to date with the latest news in the industry!