Trades Liability Insurance>>>

Trades Liability Insurance

Policy Covers

Public liability insurance will cover you if you cause damage to someone’s property, or if they suffer an injury or any other type of loss as a result of your work. At the end of the day mistakes can happen.

Sometimes an error may simply cause a few hundred dollars worth of damage but what if the error resulted in serious injury or even death? The courts can award millions in these types of cases, and if you don’t have public liability insurance you’ll have to come up with those funds on your own.

What’s included in the Policy:

  • All security A rated or better
  • Recognised & experienced claims management
  • Commercial & Domestic trades
  • Wide range of occupations
  • Accidental Damage cover for tools & equipment
  • Replacement Basis of Settlement
  • Products Liability inclusive
  • Comprehensive definition of Insured entities
  • Automatic care, custody & control limit of $100,000
  • Defense of claims in addition to limit of indemnity
  • Worldwide cover for tools and equipment
  • Full limit of liability for vibration, weakening or removal of supports

Our Products include:

    • Trades Liability Insurance
    • Trades Liability & Portable Tools & Equipment Insurance

Why Choose BuildSafe?

  • Being a Specialised Building Industry broker who has been dealing with Warranty Insurers since 1996, we have an experienced team available to help you clear up any issues with the insurer, so you you can get back to doing what you do well – building! Carmen and the team look forward to helping you with the process of Warranty Insurance.

Obtaining Trades Liability Insurance is a straightforward process. At BuildSafe Insurance Brokers, we’ll help and get our hands dirty.


Got a Question about Trades Liability Insurance? We’ve got the Answer!

Most tradies will need public liability cover as it protects you against unforeseen circumstances which can easily happen in your day to day work. A lot of trades will find that you can’t enter certain work-sites or obtain employment as a subcontractor unless there is Public Liability Insurance in place.
Public Liability Insurance will cover you financially if you’re found liable following a claim for injury to another person or damage to property which has occurred as a result of your actions at work. The costs involved with a claim could include legal costs, medical bills, rehabilitation costs, repair and replacements and much more.
The cost of your Public Liability Insurance will depend on a number of things including the type of work you do, the risks involved in your work, the size of your business and number of employees, and how much you will be insured for. If the trade activity is considered high risk, the premium costs will be higher in comparison to the trades considered low risk we work with various insurers to get you the best price.
Self-employed tradesmen, sole traders and sub-contractors are responsible for their own actions on the site of work, they are themselves liable for any financial claim arising out of damage caused to property or injury to person. It is considered so vital for a tradesman who is a sole trader, self-employed or working as sub-contractor to take out public liability insurance.
Structural Defect

Any defect in the structural works which affects the stability or strength of the building or any part thereof and is attributable to defective design, defective or faulty workmanship and/or defective materials and which;
1. Results in a regulatory authority closing or prohibiting the use of the building or any part thereof.
2. Does or would prevent the continued practical use of the building or any part thereof.
3. Results in destruction of the building or physical damage to the building or any part thereof.
4. Results in threat of imminent collapse that may reasonably be considered to cause destruction of the building or physical damage to the building or any part thereof.

Structural Works

1. All internal and/or external load – bearing structures essential to the stability or strength of the building or any part thereof, including, but not limited to foundations, floors, walls, roofs, columns and beams.
Yes. Your tools are your are a must, without them and it would be very difficult to complete a contract on time with good workmanship. It is important to cover your tools with insurance, eliminating the risk of losing them and affecting your livelihood.

Tool Cover is there to cover you in the event of your tools being stolen or damaged, it generally can be included as part of your public liability policy at minimal cost. If you make a list of your tools and what it would cost to replace them, you’re able to see what level of cover to take out. Other types of insurance you may require include:
– Motor
– Trailer
– Business Pack




Get a quick quote

Quick Quote

Get Started Today

Click Me!

Latest News

Keep up to date with the latest news in the industry!